Friday, April 1, 2011

Reading Roundup: March 2011

By the Numbers
Picture Books: 28
Easy Readers: 1

Sources
Library: all

Standouts
Writing: Floating on Mama's Song by Laura Lacamara
This sweet story of a daughter discovering her mother's secret gift has a lot going on under the surface. I think I should write about this one soon.
Illustration: The Spider and the Fly by Mary Howitt, illustrated by Tony DiTerlizzi
I pretty much said it all in my Stack-Buster post.
Overall: Banana! by Ed Vere
This book has two words, two characters, and maybe about six colors. It's frickin' genius, and already a storytime standby.

Because I Want To Awards
Not Really For Kids At All, Even If It Is Cool: The ABC's of Rock by Melissa Duke Mooney
So Much Concentrated Awesome It Should Come with a Warning Sign: Let's Count Goats! by Mem Fox, illustrated by Jan Thomas
Prompted a Wicked Case of the Giggle-Snorts: Socksquatch by Frank Dormer

No comments: