Monday, April 26, 2010

Lyle's Back!

Remember Lyle Lyle Crocodile? Word on the street (and by street, I mean Publisher's Weekly) is that the original author/illustrator has teamed up with his daughter for a new Lyle book. Due to Bernard Waber's macular degeneration, daughter Paulis has taken over the illustration duties for this new book, titled Lyle Walks the Dogs, and planned subsequent books.

I often have mixed feelings about new or updated versions of classics. But seeing as this is the original author, I think it has a better chance of being the same Lyle, or at least a worthy progression. What do you think?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I loved Lyle as a child, but I've tried him on a couple storytime groups and he just hasn't clicked. Is Lyle's day over?

Ms. Yingling said...

I, too, loved Lyle but couldn't get my children interested. Maybe an update will help.tediumpr